Read the latest news from the Centre for Sustainable Materials Research and Technology
On 26 August 2021, Veena will provide a keynote address to the Australian Institute of Architects about UNSW SMaRT Centre sustainability innovations as part of an accredited course by the institute.
Veena will join a range of other leading speakers at the seminar, 'Zero Waste : Creative rethinking by design', which will deliver outcomes addressing competency/s from the National Standard of Competency for Architects.
Date / time: Zero Waste : Creative rethinking by design' via livestream 26 August 2-4pm (AEST), and be available on the Institute's website for the following 12 months
Australian Institute of Architects says:
With nearly 40 percent of the world’s pollution generated by construction it's undeniable that the industry has a significant impact on the planet.
This is exacerbated by inefficient production processes, considerable displacement of supplies, and excessive waste during various other stages of construction.
This presentation is equivalent to 1 hour/point of formal CPD and will deliver outcomes related to the following Competency/s from the National Standard of Competency for Architects.
At the end of this presentation you should be able to:
1. Examine microrecycling science and zero waste
2. Discuss the challenges & benefits that underpins the issues relating to zero waste
3. Understand how through good design strategies, technology and materials can provide sustainable solutions
4. Prepare design lessons by developing a product from concept to reality
5. Explore through case studies methods to bring your client along the journey to better environmental outcomes.